Thursday, March 4, 2010
Our Two-Month Top Ten
The past two months have been fun-filled and filled with adventures and learnings. Here's ten things we won't forget about our first two months:
1. A brand new electric stove will emit smoke the first time you plug it in, so don't panic.
2. Sinangag cooked via microwave is fake sinangag.
3. Ask the delivery guy to remove the travel locks of your brand new washing machine. When in doubt call tech support.
4. Basil plants are quite sensitive to the sun. It prefers afternoon sun too. Oregano, on the other hand, loves the sun and would grow by leaps and bounds when it is happy. Do not touch it since the smell would stick for several hours.
5. It is not a good idea to watch over someone else's kid. And even though you don't have a choice, choose not to do it.
6. When water is scarce use paper plates, plastic spoon and forks and plastic cups. Also gives you the excuse to dine out.
7. Leftovers put together can be a full meal too.
8. Sharp knives are safer than dull ones.
9. Always have the following on hand: onion, garlic, calamansi, tomato since it's the basic ingredient/s of most dishes.
10. The smokin' sink. Bow.
More about our two months here.