4 large potatoes
2 Tbsp butter
1 medium white onion, minced
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
1. Boil potatoes. When cooked set aside and let it cool a bit.
2. On a frying pan, melt the butter and then add the chopped onions. Cook for about 3 minutes. Make sure that the butter doesn't turn into oil (you'd know if it smells like popcorn already).
3. Halve the potatoes.
4. Create a boat by scooping out the potato.
Here's how it should look -
5. Mash the potatoes.
6. Add the cooked butter and onion mixture and sour cream. Then add about half of the cheese and put salt and pepper to taste.
7. Using a spoon fill up the potato boat and then sprinkle some cheese on top.
8. Pre-heat the oven at 180'C for about 8-10 minutes and then bake the potatoes for about 10 minutes.
*You can also opt to bake the potatoes instead of boiling them. It takes longer though so I just boil them to shorten the cooking time.
I can totally do this =) Bookmarking for future reference. :DReplyDelete