When I thawed the beef cubes earlier I didn't really know what I was going to cook for dinner. The only beef cube dishes I've done so far are caldereta and braised beef. I didn't want to eat braised beef and Sweetie doesn't eat a lot when I cook caldereta since he doesn't like the taste of liver spread. So I leafed through my recipe books and thought I'd try to make some French Beef Stew since Sweetie asked me last weekend if I can cook beef stew.
The recipe is fairly easy and the ingredients were all available so I went for it. Here are the ingredients:
1/2 kilogram beef cubes
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. flour
2 potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup beef broth (I just dissolved 1 Knorr beef cube in hot water)
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 cup water
How I made it:
1. Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper.
2. Coat the beef cubes with flour. Shake off the excess.
3. Fry on olive oil the beef cubes until they turn brown.
4. Add the potatoes, then add the thyme.
5. Add the beef broth and let boil for 2 minutes.
6. Add the crushed tomatoes and a cup of water. Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the beef is tender).
Sweetie loved it!
Nice. Will try it this weekend!ReplyDelete
try ko bukas ito.ReplyDelete