I prefer to call this dish "Bacon Mushroom ala Avel" because my friend Avel asked, "Who is Alfredo?" So I told him I shall call this dish Bacon Mushroom ala Avel because it reminds me of happy memories we've had together. Seriously though, pasta Alfredo was created by Alfredo de Lelio in Rome (source) that's why the dish is named after him.
Here are the ingredients:
300 gms. spaghetti noodles
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup butter
200 gms. bacon bits
1 pack fresh white mushrooms
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/8 tsp rosemary
4 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 cup fresh milk
175 ml all purpose cream
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Boil noodles in water with lots of salt. Drain.
2. On a separate pan, saute garlic in canola oil and butter.
3. Add bacon, saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and saute with the bacon.
5. Add the herbs and then the flour.
6. Lower the heat, add milk in 3 parts.
7. Add cream and cheese. Turn low heat off once cheese has melted.
8. Add freshly ground pepper.
9. Mix in the noodles.
10. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle more cheese on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy!